- 1 Minute to read
Enable additional features in NordLayer
- 1 Minute to read
Advanced plan users with dedicated servers can enable our beta features and set up custom network security solutions by filling out a self-service form in the Control Panel.
The list of features that can be added:
- SWG Browser Extension (Beta) — an extension allowing users to access listed company resources and work applications in a web browser as if the user was connected to a dedicated server.
- Deep Packet Inspection (Lite) — allows organization administrators to block certain ports and protocols from being accessible through their virtual private gateways.
- Custom DNS — instead of using default NordLayer DNS servers, it’s possible to use specific DNS servers for your DNS queries.
- DNS Filtering by category — DNS servers can be customized to allow only specific website categories. This limits the content available when using Virtual Private Gateway.
- Site-to-Site — a custom Site-to-Site tunnel allowing access to the organization’s local network through NordLayer’s application.
Follow these steps to enable additional features on your Virtual Private Gateway:
- Go to the Network section in the Control Panel via our website
- From the list, click on the Gateways option
- Click on the three dots icon on a specific gateway
- The pop-up window will open up with a list of available features to request
- Choose the needed feature and submit your request.
Once this is done, the request will be formed and sent to the technical customer support team. The setup shouldn’t take more than 24 hours after receiving the request. After the feature has been successfully enabled, the user will receive a confirmation email.
Note: In case you have any questions or are experiencing any issues, please feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support team.