- 2 Minutes to read
Setting up site-to-site on Linksys router
- 2 Minutes to read
Note: If your device/service supports SHA256 and DH group 14, it is recommended to use these settings instead.
Configuring the tunnel on the Linksys Web Interface
Open the Linksys management interface (typically 192.168.1.1)
In the left panel, select VPN, then select Gateway to Gateway
Fill in the following information:
Add a New Tunnel:
- Tunnel Name: Choose a name of your own choice.
- Interface: WAN1
Local Group Setup:
- Local Security Gateway Type: IP Only
- IP Address: Your external IP address (should be filled automatically)
- Local Security Group Type: Subnet
- IP Address: Enter the local IP address.
- Subnet Mask: Enter the subnet mask.
Remote Group Setup:
- Remote Security Gateway Type: IP Only
- IP Address: The IP of your NordLayer dedicated server
- Remote Security Group Type: Subnet
- IP Address: 10.6.0.0
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.240.0
- Continue to IPSec Setup and fill in accordingly:
- Keying Mode: IKE with PSK
- Phase 1 DHG: Group 5 (if your device supports Group 14, using that is recommended)
- Phase 1 Encryption: AES256
- Phase 1 Authentication: SHA1 (SHA256 is recommended)
- Phase 1 SA Lifetime: 3600
- PFS: Enabled
- Phase 2 DHG: Group 5 (if your device supports Group 14, using that is recommended)
- Phase 2 Encryption: AES256
- Phase 2 Authentication: SHA1 (SHA256 is recommended)
- Phase 2 SA Lifetime: 28800
- Pre-shared Key: Generate a pre-shared key (we will need this on our end as well)
Select Advanced. Enable Keep-Alive and set Dead Peer Detection Interval to 10 seconds. Leave the rest of the advanced settings with the default values.
In order to finalize the site-to-site setup on our end, please provide these values via Site-to-site request from in the NordLayer Control Panel:
- Pre-shared key - you can generate it or we can provide it
- Encryption details (AES, SHA and DH group) - AES256, SHA256 and DH group 14 are recommended (also must support IKEv2)
- Remote gateway/router public IP (must be reachable while connected to the dedicated server)
- Remote subnet and mask (the subnet is used in your local network)
Note: In case you are experiencing different results, make sure that you have you carefully gone through all the steps. Having said that, in case the issue persists please feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support team.