Setting up manual IKEv2 connection on iOS/iPadOS
1. Download the NordLayer IKEv2 certificate to your device
You can do so by opening this link in Safari: https://downloads.nordlayer.com/certificates/root.der
2. The certificate installation dialogue will appear. Tap Install in each step:
3. Once the certificate has been installed, tap Done to complete the installation
3.1. On iOS 12.2 and later versions, once you've downloaded the certificate, you might see a pop-up saying "Profile Downloaded - Review the profile in Settings app if you want to install it"
3.2. Navigate to your device Settings > Profile Downloaded > NordVPN Root CA > Install > Trust
If you cannot see the Profile Downloaded button, go to Settings > General > Profiles. You should find the downloaded profile there.
4. Now you have to download the NordLayer Private Gateway configuration files and copy your service credentials
5. Go to Settings > General > VPN
6. Tap on Add VPN Configuration...
7. Fill the boxes as follows:
Description: Any preferred name for the VPN connection
Server: The hostname of your private gateway
Remote ID: The same hostname as in the Server field
Local ID: Leave empty
User Authentication: Username
Username: Your NordLayer service credentials username
Password: Your NordLayer service credentials password
8. To enable the VPN, go back to the device Settings, and switch on the toggle next to VPN
Note: In case you have any questions or are experiencing any issues, please feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support team.