Installing NordLayer on Linux
You can get the GPG keys for confirmation at https://downloads.nordlayer.com/linux/gpg
This guide will show you how to set up NordLayer application on Linux based operating systems.
1. Download the repository package
2. In Terminal, go to the directory where you have downloaded the package, and run these commands:
sudo apt-get install ./nordlayer-latest_1.0.0_all.deb
sudo yum install ./nordlayer-latest-1.0.0-noarch.rpm
3. Update your package lists:
sudo apt-get update
sudo yum makecache
4. Install the application from your package manager:
sudo apt-get install nordlayer
sudo yum install nordlayer
5. Add your user to the application group. The application runs on its own system user and group, so only members of the group have permission to use it:
sudo usermod -a -G nordlayer $(whoami)
Note: that this change will only take effect at the next login, so log in again or reboot.
That’s it! For more information or technical assistance, please contact our customer support team.