Whitelisting dedicated server IP on Azure
This article describes the process you'll need to follow in order to whitelist the IP address of your NordLayer private gateway on the Microsoft Azure Portal. This will allow you to restrict access to a specific VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) — to users connected to your dedicated server only.
While this method does need to be applied to each particular resource, it is a good alternative for those who would like to avoid setting up a Site-to-Site connection to a VNet.
Ensuring your IP addresses and endpoints are set up correctly will give you far more peace of mind about your layers of security.
Configuring a rule in Microsoft Azure Portal
1. Open the Azure Portal and select the resource to which you would like to restrict access
2. Navigate to the Networking tab and select Add inbound port rule
3. Fill in the following information:
- Source: IP Addresses
- Source IP addresses/CIDR ranges: Insert the IP of your NordLayer dedicated server
- Source port ranges: (all)
- Destination: Any
- Destination port ranges: (all)
- Protocol: Any
- Action: Allow
- Priority: Leave default value
- Name: NordLayer
- Description: Optional
4. Select Add Rule
And that's all! You've now successfully created your first IP whitelist in Microsoft Azure Portal.
Note: In case you have any questions or are experiencing any issues, please feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support team.