How to set up the Smart Remote Access feature
Smart remote access feature gives you the ability to connect endpoint to endpoint, when they are connected to the same server. Additionally, it will give users the ability to see each others' endpoints even if they are not in the same network (LAN).
1. You need to have a gateway that is connected to a single dedicated server
2. Go to Settings in the Control Panel via our website
3. Locate Smart remote access and click on Add gateway
4. Add the gateway with a dedicated server from the options listed
5. Click Enable and then Confirm
6. This will restart the server, so make sure you notify all the users that they need to re-connect to the gateway
Once this is done, a local network (LAN) will be created between all the devices connected to the same private gateway. In order to have a convenient name for a device in order to reach it remotely, you will need to set DDNS via the NordLayer application settings. We have a separate guide which shows how to set it up for different operating systems.
In case you need to collaborate on projects with your colleagues or simply share some files, please take a look at our creating a network share article. If you have some pre-existing shares, you can also learn how to access a share by using Smart remote access.
Note: In case you have any questions or are experiencing any issues, please feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support team.