- 1 Minute to read
Allowlisting dedicated server IP on AWS
- 1 Minute to read
This article describes the process you'll need to follow in order to allowlist (whitelist) the IP addresses of your NordLayer private gateway on the AWS Management Console. This will allow you to restrict access to a specific VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) — to users connected to your Dedicated Server only.
While this method needs to be applied to every particular resource, it is a good alternative for those who would like to avoid setting up a Site-to-Site connection to a VPC.
Make sure you follow the steps below in order to make sure your AWS identity and access management work like a charm.
This guide will be split into the following sections:
- Create a security group
- Attach resources to the security group
Create a security group
- Open the AWS Management Console EC2 dashboard
- Navigate to Security Groups
- Select Create and fill in the following information:
- Security group name: Choose a name of your own choice
- Description: Describe the use case of the group (the description can be up to 255 characters long)
- VPC: Select the appropriate VPC (if you are using VPC peering, you can later update the rules for your VPC security groups to reference security groups in the peered VPC. In case you are using a Transit Gateway, note that spoke Amazon VPCs cannot reference security groups in other spokes connected to the same AWS Transit Gateway)
- Add an inbound rule with the following information:
- Type: All traffic
- Protocol: All
- Port range: All
- Source: Custom; Insert the IP of your NordLayer dedicated server
- Description: (optional)
- Select Create security group
Attach resources to the security group
- Return to the EC2 dashboard
- Select the Instances tab within the Instances section
- Select the instance you would like to apply the Security Group to (select Actions /Networking /Change Security Groups)
- Select the newly created security group, then select Assign security group
Note: In case you have any questions or are experiencing any issues, please feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support team.